Today we are very happy to announce yet another release of RESTX, version 0.2.9.2.
This release is major step in restx development, and is one used during the talks given recently at BordeauxJUG and JUGSummerCamp.
New and Noteworthy
- hot compile / hot reload / auto compile, which makes development cycles super fast
- option to rename restx cookies, making it possible to deploy several restx app on same domain, and making testing several restx app on localhost more convenient
- redesigned WebServer modules design, removing the hard coded dependency on jetty, and making web server to use pluggable
- easy configuration of request / reponse logging at route level with @Verbosity
app runfrom the shell allow to run your restx app directly from the shell, with no need to setup an IDE or package a war
- download progress when installing shell plugins
app newhas more complete generated app, demonstrating security
- spec test server aka “infinirest”, which allow to continuously run your spec tests (run with
spec test servershell command)
- redesigned UUIDGenerator to make it part of the recording/replay mechanism, and thus make routes using UUID testable with spec tests
- a new way to provide restx session in spec tests, which do not require to actually calculate the signature, making it much easier to use
- mobile friendly css
- send & fix feature, which allow to record what you expect the api to do when you find a bug while using the api-docs console
- grouping of API endpoints in api-docs, with option to show hide the groups, with admin group being hidden by default
- optional dependencies,
- provider methods can now throw exceptions
- conditional components with @When
And many bug fixes and minor improvements
Thanks a lot to the community who made this possible, especially Frédéric Camblor who joined the team as a new committer, and the contributors to this release Maarten Mulders and Arnaud Héritier.
Getting started / Upgrading
Want to get started now? Check out the related doc.
Upgrading from an earlier version? Please note these breaking changes:
RestxSpecRuleconstructor has changed and no longer take any parameters
Warning: to upgrade the shell you can use the
shell upgrade command, but then you will need to remove your plugins with
rm -rf ~/.restx/plugins and reinstall them. This manual step should be removed in next version.